With the shift to online schooling and a decrease in enthusiasm for liberal arts, it’s more important than ever to emphasize how the story told by in-person higher ed impacts a student’s life more than any other learning experience: critical thinking skills that can be used in any profession; a community of students eager to help each other; and a call to storytelling—creating leaders that others can see themselves in.
, VP for Enrollment at Lee University
, joins the show to discuss the importance of higher education and its impact on the future of the world.
What we talked about:
- Higher Ed’s Benefits & the Debate of Online Schooling
- The Loyalty to a Student’s Alma Mater
- Investing in Critical Thinkers Over Higher Pay
- Helping Students See Themselves in Higher Ed Through Storytelling
- Bringing Energy & Enthusiasm to Campuses
- Advice for Listeners
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
Know of a higher education marketing change agent you’d like to hear on the show? Does your university have an interesting story to be featured?